When someone feels pain in the foot and ankle joints, it seems to be flat feet. One has to difference between the flat feet and normal feet, accordingly have to rectify the pains and aches. A normal foot is the one those who have upwards curve in the middle of the foot. The tendons and ligaments in the foot and in the lower leg part help to form a proper curve to have arches and able to stabilize the balance while walking.
The foot is the main part that holds the whole body weight and so having strong arches is most important wherein loosen and weakened tendons; ligaments would end up arch collapses finally flat feet complications.
Flat feet which in other term is known as acquired foot disorder resulting from collapsed arch of the foot area gives pain while standing, walking in which the foot area touch the ground completely. This is by the fallen arch rolling inwards wherein the entire sole comes closer touching the ground hence the pain. Feet are the balancing foundations of the entire human body for balancing, and flat feet cause skeletal structure issues by bringing the joints out the bone alignments.
Thus there would be severe problems with pains and aches throughout the feet areas, ankles, and lower leg muscles, sciatic nerve pains especially the arches & heel areas when tendons and ligaments are not in the right posture. Leading of such pains would finally cause wrong posture and discomfort through the hip joints and lower back itself. There are flexible flatfoot, painful rigid flatfoot and spasmodic flatfoot in types.
How flat feet come?
It is generally uncommon wherein for some it gets developed by abnormally in the childhood when the foot’s arch did not form properly. This abnormality can be observed at the birth or sometimes hereditary. Out of the above said two reasons, adults might develop this issue due to heavy foot stress, failure of proper medical care for any foot injury (ankle sprain, ligament tear, ankle joint fracture), wherein no proper healing for ankle and arch, the result would be flat feet. Hence required best orthotics for flat feet to treat the pains and to overcome from the forthcoming issues.
Few examples of excessive foot stress include but not just limited to:
• Weak muscles in the foot, ankles, and lower leg due to weight gain, no proper healing when gets hurt and aging
• Wearing uncomfortable and unfit footwear with no proper arch support
• Walking and standing for longer time periods especially with high heels and dress shoes
• Foot injuries such as ligament tear, hairline fractures, ankle sprains or broken bones in the foot area
Untreated flat feet lead to:
• Continuous strain on the nerve tendons and ligaments supporting the ankle and arch of the foot
• Severe heel pain and heel spurs when walking or standing immediately after the rest position
• Knee and ankle pain from misaligned joints
• Lower hip and back pain exceeding the pain tolerance level to absorb the shock properly
• Arthritis that develops over a time period due to aging effects
How can one treat the flat feet?
There are surgery levels for the extended issues, however, non-surgical treatments are there that follow:
• Supportive foot wears with insoles: One must wear comfortable and supportive shoes or sandals with proper insoles to support the heel and the arch with complete stability. Look for one that matches both for walking, standing, and even sports activities. Insoles are the additional comfort giving support for the arches of the feet.
• Orthotics: Wearing orthotics provides additional pain relieving and balancing support to the arches of the feet. It helps to distribute the balanced support by reducing the strains and pressure. Orthotics is good in realigning the foot’s ankle bones and joints. There are custom designed orthotics that one can get the best matching to his/her size to provide ultimate support to walk, stand, jog, run.
• Arch inserts and wraps: Arch inserts and wraps are the other kinds wherein as a spare one can place them on the foot lying area of the shoes or sandals to balance the lacking support for arches. They help to lessen the pain of flat feet and allow one to have long lasting pain free balance.
Best orthotics for flat feet
To treat the pain and to get balanced walk style, people strive hard to get the right arch insoles, wherein doctors help indeed in this part. Apart from them here append few suggestions on arch insoles that are called as best on the market.
1. Low Arch Model: When someone who likes for variety and style rolled one, this could be the perfect option. It comes with attractive styles and colors, but of very important is that much more comfortable. And a good selection for those who walk active and fast.
2. Therapeutic Support: It is a well structured orthotic insole, and comes in wide range of materials such as carbon, wool, fiber, memory foam, high impact foam, micro suede and much more. It comes in thin and so can be placed inside the footwear comfortably.
3. Pain relief orthotics: This type is especially for those who in continuous pain. It comes in many sizes & colors require no trim. It is the best usage for regular walks, and house use.
Other remedies to get out of the flat feet
Apart from using, orthotics and insoles below appending are few of the best suggestion to get rid of the pain are:
• Should give as much as rest to the feet particularly when there is pain
• Can practice simple foot strengthening exercises
• Must wear good and comfortable pair of footwears supported with proper level of arch
• Try shedding down some of your pounds if you exceed the standard body weight
• Try cutting down the longer walks and longer time to stand